In the digital age, the power and omnipresence of business tools have reduced the disparity between small businesses and large corporations.
Continuous innovation around cloud-based software solutions and increased competition for market share has made a considerable number of technological tools available and affordable to small online businesses. This type of technology allows even small startups to reach great results on the global stage in a way that has never been seen or even imagined before now.
We have compiled a short but important list of affordable technology solutions that will help your business performance and facilitate its growth in the market.
- Reliable web hosting
It‘s essential to select a reliable hosting provider carefully since your business depends on it. When it comes to investing in your online presence, most business owners tend to think about everything else but web hosting. If you consider your website a digital home, then you have to perceive the hosting as both the foundation and the roof of that home.
– Firstly, you have to evaluate your needs, and don‘t only think about the price of certain web hosting deal. It‘s true that there are free hosting services, but it doesn‘t mean they present a good choice for yourself and your business.
– The website speed is of the utmost importance! Don‘t allow your users to lose faith in your site due to its slow load ( it shouldn’t take more than 2-3 seconds to load). It‘s tedious to use a slow site and users simply abandon it. Keep in mind that it‘s also important to choose a close location to your target group.
– You should wisely choose a web host that will effortlessly handle the load of traffic, not slowing down the site. Always think of the sales for which you had worked so hard to get!
– A good host should also handle critical security updates on your CMS, proactively blocking any vulnerabilities and preventing your site from getting hacked.
- Benefits of Google AdWords
Online marketing and Google AdWords go hand in hand. For a small business, Google AdWords can be a hugely successful method of driving traffic, marketing your product, and ultimately getting increased sales.
– If your campaigns are set up properly they will send targeted leads to your website. AdWords will help you focus on target groups who are searching for what you have to offer. Refine your searches in order to draw only potential customers to your website, only those people who are , actually, interested in buying your products or services.
– This platform is suitable for all kinds of organizations, compatible with a wide range of other marketing platforms and software systems, and it‘s easily customizable to focus on specific online users. You can also set budgets according to the amount you‘re willing to spend on this type of advertising.
– Find areas of your campaign that give a good return on investment, and then focus on your efforts and budget on these areas. It takes time, but you can get a high return on investment which is impossible to achieve with any other marketing strategy.
– Google AdWords is an extremely transparent system that will help you easily analyze the progress of your AdWords campaign (clicked ads, entered keywords, costs of clicks, etc.)
- Online Invoicing benefits
Using cloud-based accounting system will provide faster and higher quality service to the clients you work with, and will make your business run more smoothly and efficiently.
– Online invoicing allows your clients to pay as soon as they receive an invoice, and saves you time and the cost of mailing bills and reminders;
– Direct link to your PayPal or bank account provides better cash flow for your business, giving you more opportunity to grow;
– Using simple invoice creator, subscriptions and other scheduled services can easily be automatically issued to your clients. Set a reminder to invoice your clients on weekly or monthly basis.
- Online banking advantages
Small online business owners should make the most banking from home or office, since it provides many advantages such as convenience, speed, and ease of account management.
– Online banking enables you to convey transactions from any device at any time, so you don‘t have to spend time visiting the bank.
– You can facilitate business account management – view your financial statements easily, and gain the current information about your business‘ finances.
– Online banking can help you organize your business finances, so you’ll avoid late payments that can harm your credit.
– If you operate more than one business you need to open a number of different accounts to manage your transactions. Online banking enables a quick transfer of money from one account to another to cover payments or meet a payroll.
- E-commerce platform
If you want to get an online business going and want to create your own online store look, consider using one of the many e-commerce platforms. You can choose between hosted (more user-friendly) and self-hosted (more advanced), but both can enable you to build an online store. Depending on the degree of customization, volume of products you are selling, and willingness to learn, you can find the most suitable e-commerce platform for your business.
– Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce softwares in the market that offers variety of tools, especially for the businesses just starting out. Shopify is a one-stop-shop commerce website builder where they simplify business life, so that you don‘t have to worry about coding. If you‘re looking for:
– beautiful , professional mobile-ready themes;
– over 1500 apps to add to your store to extend the functionality of your business;
– 24/7 support;
– qualified experts,
Shopify is a perfect e-commerce platform for you!
– BigCommerce is another well-known e-commerce website builder suitable for smaller business, as well as for larger stores. If you‘re looking for tools out of the basic package to improve the storefront design, BigCiommerce is the right choice for you! At this platform you‘ll also find:
– comprehensive set of tools to help you build your store;
– leverages on different social channels to help you grow your sales;
– adding advanced tools through App store;
Technology can be a small business owner’s best friend. It can help you work more efficiently, find more customers, and save money. You may need to make some adjustments to reap the benefits of tech-friendly alternatives, but the good news is that the benefits will often outweigh the short-lived challenges of the transitional process, once your new systems are in place. Those with online-based businesses have several tools available to chose from that help improve productivity and streamline certain aspects of the business. There are so many choices available that it can almost be overwhelming, but we hope the ones we described here will help you make the right call! Check them out and start making your business more productive today!