A couple years ago, there was a discussion and predictions that email marketing will be dead. It turns out that it is more and more important and inevitable marketing strategy than ever before.
From year after year, it changes.
Without it, many businesses currently loose unthinkable amounts of money. They maybe aren´t aware of that.
Without emails, it would be impossible to reach people when they are not at their computers.
By 2019, an email will reach 90.9% of those online. There is no more effective channel to reach your target audience than email marketing.
You still don’t use email marketing as a part of your marketing strategy? Now is about time to start to reap the benefits of your efforts and work.
What does previous statistics show to us?
Econsultancy statistics for 2016. (Source: http://learn.infusionsoft.com) proves us that:
- All email communication will be personalized in the next five years.
- Email marketing is 40 times more effective for acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter.
- Emails are 26 % more likely to open if they have a customized email subject line.
- Include sharing buttons and email will have a 158 % higher CTR (click-thru rate).
- 33% of consumers unsubscribe from brand emails because mailings are too frequent. 24% unsubscribe because the content is repetitive and boring.
- The open rate is higher when companies send two emails per month.
These statistics are just the tip of the iceberg. Predictions show us that all email marketing indicators will have its rise in 2017.
Because of this, go even further in favor of smart design email marketing strategy.
What is smart email marketing?
Smart email marketing follows a strategic marketing formula that:
- Raises awareness through informing customers about a product.
- Stimulates a desire for acquisition.
- Guides the reader toward conversion (reader transforms into a customer)
- Create customer retention – sell them related products.
Customers want to know about coupons because they like to save money when they shop. In fact, coupons are what drive online sales. Customers also tend to like emails that educate and engage them.
The answer is to add value by providing useful content of personalized email campaigns. Use data and contextual information about your audience and craft the right message.
What do we expect for the year 2017?
We will be more and more swamped with emails. In 2017 the average person will get 124 emails a day. Who will read that? Do we have time for that? This opens the new question: “Will people hate emails?”
Don’t worry, they will not. They will hate the ones that they don’t want to read.
So it’s up to you to think out the “not boring, but awesome” email marketing strategy.
So here is the email marketing statistics and predictions for 2017:
Impressive analytical results from the past enable us to predict the email marketing trends in 2017. A recent article at http://www.orchestrate.com/ said that in 2017. email marketing will focus more on the aspect of automation.The automated email marketing can turn the conversation to be more appealing and relevant to the target audience. Emails must promise a better user interactivity. Email campaigns must be engaging and eye-catching with videos and animations.
Businesses have started to realize its potential to improve the brand experience.
Other statistics said that:
- Email marketing in average brings with a 3800% ROI or $38 for every $1 spent. (Source: https://www.campaignmonitor.com)
- The Radicati group, a technology market research firm concludes that:
- By the end of 2017 a number of worldwide email accounts are expected to continue to grow by 6%. But a number of email users will grow by 3%, since many consumers tend to have several email accounts.
- By the end of 2017, the total number of worldwide email accounts is expected to increase to over 4.9 billion.
- The amount of consumer email continues to grow mainly due to its use for notifications (mostly for online sales).
- Total worldwide sent or received emails per day will be 225.3 billion, which is 5% growth in comparison with 2016.
- Sent or received business emails per day will be 120.4 billion by the end of 2017. which is 3% growth from 2016.
- Sent or received consumer emails per day will be 104.9 billion by the end of 2017. which represents growth of as much as 6%.
- The average number of sent or received business emails per day will be 124 by the end of 2017. (In comparison with 123 in 2016.)
Now when you know these statistics, think out the smart email marketing strategy. Use the power of email marketing and let your business flourish.
Do you use email marketing for your business? Does it bring you conversions? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!